Friday, September 08, 2006

beer of the day


Dig the bottle cap stuck to my breast. It landed there when I popped the bottle.

Firestone Pale Ale
, Men's Journal called it the best beer in America. While I don't find it to be quite that (best beer, c'mon it's an impossible task, though the sampling is a worthy pursuit) it is pretty good supermarket beer i.e. craft beers you can purchase at a Ralph's, Von's or Albertson's in southern California. My complaint is that it trys to hard. The flavor hits you all a once and there are no subtle differences between initial sip and after taste.



At the brewery just north of Santa Barbara, they sell it by the growler. Which is always nice, who doesn't like a half gallon jug of beer? College students take note, growlers make excellent "cups" at keggers.

MJ referred to Firestone as a Napa Valley winery. I hope too many people don't get lost, as Napa is hundreds of miles from Santa Barbara.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home