Friday, July 21, 2006

don williams & evel knievel

Crown Center of Cumberland County, Fayetteville, NC
Sun, Jul 23, 2006 08:00 PM






The Gentle Giant of country music






The pride of Butte, MT
............................................

Don & Evel !? How could you miss it ?

Or so I thought. It's actually, Don Williams & Even Keel. Which I'm sure will be a great show but nothing could compare to seeing Evel Knievel & Don Williams on the same bill. A country legend, one of the all time smooth country singers together with the greatest daredevil of all time. I mean dig the box for, The Last of the Gladiators. Absolutely fearless.

"The incredible story of the rise & fall of the world's greatest daredevil. From spectacular triumph . . . To bone-breaking defeat . . . As told by Evel Knievel himself!"



I heard that Evel is suffering from pulmonary disease. I was sorry to hear that. His son Robbie is planning a blockbuster stunt to honor his father. I hope he pulls it off. The last time I saw Robbie he looked like a crazed pill popper on the Letterman Show.

Country fans take heart, Don is touring with Kenny Rodgers. Now is your chance to hear "Coward of the County" & "If Hollywood don't need you. . . " in the same night. I might have to suppress my previously mentioned kenny phobia in order to attend. I hope this tour gets Don off the steakhouse circuit. The circuit is more depressing to me than those theme park slash arenas that old country stars perform at like Dollywood and Mickey Gilley's Theater, which is especially depressing considering the grandeur of Gilley's niteclub - my god I hope he's at least built a replica at Gilleyville. The parks seem like the perfect setting for a b horror flick.

Although, during my research I discovered that Dollywood has a full size steam train & a saloon. So if I'm ever within a 50 mile radius of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, I'm there. I had no idea it was a pre-existing park. I thought Dolly had built it from scratch.

She's even got a Sigfried & Roy ripoff called "Big Cats & Magic Featuring the Fercos brothers." Seriously, this has the makings off a SNL sketch.



Mickey's venture in Dallas looks alright as well. Sounds like a great place for a wedding reception a la Urban Cowboy. "Sissy, she said we live like pigs!"

"Why are you getting married in Dallas?"
"Well, it seemed like a nice town & well they have Gilley's!"

Highlights include:

- Motor Coach Friendly
- "El Toro", the original mechanical bull from the movie, Urban Cowboy on display
- Up to 10,000 sq. ft. of dance floor
- Mechanical bull riding
- Convenient to I-30

I can't wait to see the crowd. These are my people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home