Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Spam

Photobucket

Needing a car and being unwilling/unable to wait a year for a smart I started investigating compacts, which eventually led me to the VW Rabbit. Nostalgia was part of the draw. My first car was a hand me down Rabbit from my parents. Stories of which could fill a separate blog. I liked what I saw on the VW website, so I decided to get a quote.

The Get a Quote form offers the following option.

Would you prefer to respond via? [] Phone [x] Email [] Either

Not wanting to be inundated with needless phone calls, I selected email. Here's what I received.

Email 1

Subject: missing contact info/ vehicle info/ Volkswagen Santa Monica
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:44:07 -0700

Hello ----,

I want to help you with your recent vehicle inquiry, buy you didn't provide us with a working telephone number. For me to give accurate information, it is vital that I speak to you on the phone. Please return my call, I promise to keep it brief and to the point.

With enough information, I can help save you time and money. I will show you how easy it is to purchase a vehicle.

Warm Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email 2


Subject: I just tried to call you
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:34:56 -0700

Hi ----, hopefully you're having a great day today. I just tried to call you a second ago in response to your online inquiry of the Rabbit, but I noticed you didn't leave a telephone number for me to reach you on. I look forward to assisting you and I promise to make sure your car purchase is easy and enjoyable. We are actually overstocked with Rabbit's right now and need to move a bunch of them pretty quickly. This could be a big advantage for you if you'd like to take advantage. Please call me at the number below as soon as you receive this e mail and let's see how easy we can make your car purchase.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email 3


Subject: need to speak w/ you/ Volkswagen Santa Monica
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 15:33:58 -0700

Hello ----,

We received the request you submitted to LMCC for a Rabbit. I would be honored to assist you in anyway I can. I have tried to get in contact with you 3 times to no avail. If you have not already purchased please give me a call. I am looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Email 4

Subject: need to speak w/ you/ Volkswagen Santa Monica
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:55:54 -0700


Hello ----,

We received the request you submitted to LMCC for a Rabbit. I would be honored to assist you in anyway I can. I have tried to get in contact with you 3 times to no avail. If you have not already purchased please give me a call. I am looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

Well now you're just copying and pasting.

Do you remember trying to decide if you should call the girl one more time or take a hint?

Why offer the option of email communication if you are only going to ask for my telephone number?

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

So have you been assisted & taken advantage of?
And what is your number, baby?

:) Aimee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home