Tuesday, March 11, 2008

status report

Photobucket

I had a leg appointment yesterday. They unwrapped the leg, removed my sutures (a 6 inch running suture) and took a couple of x-rays.

The doc looked at the x-ray and said everything looked "A OK".

He said I could stop wearing the immobilizer as long as I didn't fall. I'll do my best.

Return in a month, no walking, physical therapy twice a week for three weeks (to work on range my of motion), TTWB (Toe Touch Weight Baring).

Photobucket

I saw the x-rays, my leg looks like Barbaro's. There is a metal L bracket screwed into the top right side of my tibia. The screws go almost completely through the bone.

When I mentioned the recovery being more painful than I anticipated the doctor said he he had to break the bone to get at the two large pieces that had been jammed down into my tibia. He propped the bone up with some high grade plaster and the screws and plate will hold everything together while the rebuild sets.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy shit ferry!

Does any of that steel come out- or is it permanent? How much more will that leg weigh? You will never get through airport security with that much internal bling

 

Post a Comment

<< Home