Tuesday, October 17, 2006

you've been silenced



Belated MNF recap.

Where did Arizona's defense come from!? Is Neil Rackers looking for a job?

I turned the sound off half way through the second half & since I can't pick up a Cardinals radio broadcast I put the closed captioning on and the Clash's London Calling.

"Death or glory becomes just another story"

Turned the sound back on for the half time show. Boomer & TJ are two of my favorites. Steve Young, well quarterbacks are always a little wired in the booth. Michael Irvin, all I can say is drug related brain damage.

The more I see Tony Kornheiser, the more I think he is a sad man. Kornheiser's poetic waxing on the legendary toughness of the Chicago Bears, made me miss Dick Schaap

Favorite Kornheiser quote:
On Hall of Fame linebacker Dick Butkus, "Butkus, sounds like a fist in the mouth."

Worst Prediction:
"Arizona just made the game's first, first down. They should leave the field, quit right now." ~Tony Kornheiser.

You were a little off Tony, Arizona went on to score 17 unanswered points. At least we didn't have to hear about your fantasy team.

Favorite Mike Tirico Factoid: "A cactus plant can live up to 200 years."

Favorite Theisman Factoid:
"Single bar helmets are no longer allowed but they are grandfathered in."

Favorite Boomer nickname: "Joe Little Bighorn"

Best Miked Up quote: "Good job, we'll dominate their asses." Matt Leinart, AZ Quarterback

I was watching the NFL network prior to kickoff. NFL TV was airing the Cheerleader Playoffs from Six Flags New England in Springfield, MA. Chad Johnson was doing on field interviews with the ladies. "Today's event is the 100 yard dash. What's your strategy." Uh, I could be wrong but I think she's going to try and run faster than the other girl. I know the NFL network needs programming but the Cheerleader playoffs seem like a reach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home