Saturday, May 19, 2007

You say it's your birthday

It's my birthday too--yeah
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
Yes we're going to a party party
~Birthday, The Beatles


I'm the fat one on the left. I'm not sure what my sister is doing.

Birthday roll call:


1890 Ho Chi Minh
1925 Malcom X
1945 Pete Townshend
1946 Andre the Giant
1951 Joey Ramone
1952 Grace Jones
1975 Lego

Pete, Grace & I will be getting together later tonight to celebrate our births as well as remember the Tauri we have lost. Can you imagine a party with the above attendees? I can see Malcom and Ho locked in philosophical debate all night, while Pete, Joey & Grace jam out and Andre drinks all the punch.

This day in history:


1856 Senator Charles Sumner (MA) begins his two day antislavery speech
1885 1st mass production of shoes (Jan Matzeliger in Lynn MA)
1962 Marilyn Monroe performed a sultry rendition of "Happy Birthday" for JFK
1977 "Smokey & the Bandit" premieres
1989 Sue Ellen (Linda Gray) last appearance on Dallas

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger james said...

damn good margaritas!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home