Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Pionner Valley - Western Massachusettes

April 30 - May 2, 2007
Part Deux May 6 - 14, 2007

Thanks as always to M & P & the Black Dog.

Things you'll never see in Los Angeles:


Honestly, it's on my birthday and I think I'd go if I was in town.


" . . . you noticed an ungodly stink."


This sign confuses me. Shouldn't the word wait be in there at some point or the last GREEN be changed to RED?


How anonymous is it if the meeting time is posted? My guess is that anyone drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes outside the North Congregational Church on Thursday night is a drunk.


A real snake in the grass


Puffer's Pond Dam


I went to the Atlantic Ten softball tournament. Umass beat St. Louis for the title. The highlight was a fence clearing (both fences) grand slam by Umass infielder Stacy Cullington.

From the University of Massachusetts Athletics Website:

"Massachusetts (37-12-1), the hottest team in the nation, hosts a NCAA Regional for the second straight year this weekend at the UMass Softball Complex. The second-seeded Minutewomen take on No. 3 Long Island (33-20) Friday at 4:30 PM. UMass takes the nation's longest winning streak (26) and home winning streak (32) into the weekend."


Pizza Night


The cat had a bit of trouble with his tail. Not to worry, he's on the mend. I told him he was lucky they didn't put a cage on it.


The family went plant shopping on Mother's day.