Friday, April 13, 2007

the sons & daughters of ham



I'm off the pig for a while. My bypass is scheduled for next week.

Lessons learned:


Leftovers beget leftovers.

A ten pound ham is definitely the family size.

Ham spread, I should have known better.

The red eye gravy was beyond good but any recipe that calls for the cook to "melt" pork fat can't be heart smart. The recipe called for a tablespoon & a half of coffee, so I tossed a tablespoon of coffee grounds in the pan. As I stirred the gravy, I realized the author meant brewed coffee. I stirred some more while I came to grips with tossing the gravy and starting over. When would you ever toss coffee grounds into a sauce.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Michelle Hotaling said...

Haha, okay I have been craving ham for the past month because I missed Easter dinner. I have a family-sized ham waiting for it, and I will be taking all leftovers when I visit the folks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home