Wednesday, April 11, 2007

leg update



I had a leg appointment today. A new medical student did my initial assessment. I felt like I was explaining a movie to someone who came in as it was ending. "So what happens during a bone graft?" I explained my procedure to him but I wondered if perhaps he should re-read that chapter or a professor/doctor should be the one explaining it to him.

The doctor said everything looked good. He took more pictures and video of the rebuild in action. He said my ankle's range of motion is good for this point in my recovery. Return in two months.

Overheard at County:

Morbidly obese middle age man: She gave me an enema. I've had things done I never had before (He makes a finger motion). I had a colonoscopy last week. They found one tiny p-p-polyp and cut it out.
Radiologist: You're too heavy for our equipment. We can't do the test they requested.
Obese man: Thank you Jesus . . . I can take this dress off.

Forty year old woman (reading and highlighting the Bible): Excuse me I was trying to save that seat for my mother.
Fifty year old woman: Oh, reading the Bible makes you rude. I though it was suppose to do the opposite. (She climbs over the row of seats)
Forty year old: I didn't think I was being rude. I was trying to tell you I was saving that seat for my mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home