Thursday, October 26, 2006

lead codpiece

I had a leg appointment today. When I asked the x ray technician for the lead apron he placed a crotch shield on me. I felt a little silly, like a goofy superior. What was wrong with the traditional apron? He must have taken my amusement for skepticism because as he placed the codpiece he assured me, "That's all you really need."



The official term is Gonad Shield. Note the tethers & straps. I might get my own shield & paint a superhero logo on it.

As I was waiting to be called for my exam, "Dr. Smith's Foot Cart" rolled by. The only drawer I caught a glimpse of was labeled "Drill Bits". Lovely, journey man carpenter Bob Smith has been brought in to work on some legs.

As for my leg, here's a quote from the doctor, "Something's happening in there. Hopefully, we're in the last 8 weeks."

Of course, that's the same thing he said 5 weeks ago.

So, it looks like the leg will have to be incorporated into the Thanksgiving Day Parade and Santa Crawl '06 is out.

Some sort of sidewalk sale was going on outside of County, though it was tough to gage the theme as there was everything from a black "Devine" selling knock off perfumes, "This is the new Vera Wang, Passion. Do you know Passion's smell?" to an elderly woman selling foam clogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home