Monday, January 19, 2009

No idle hands

"It's not a day just to pause and reflect — it's a day to act," Obama said on King's national holiday. "I ask the American people to turn today's efforts into an ongoing commitment to enriching the lives of others in their communities, their cities, and their country."
I began my day of service a day early. Yesterday, I volunteered at a creek restoration at Malibu Creek State Park, that was organized by Heal the Bay. We removed non native plants (mainly mustard) and replaced them with native bunch grasses.

For those that are interested in participating, Heal the Bay Stream Teams do creek restorations once a month. You can sign up to volunteer via the Heal the Bay website.

Here are some photos from the day.


Volunteers removing invasive plants.


Volunteers planting native bunch grasses.


The Heal the Bay truck.


A mixture of volunteers and park visitors.


At PCH & Sunset on my drive home. I started noticing tsunami evacuation route signs near the beach a few months ago.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home