Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's the proper response?

Backstory

I posted an add on Craigslist for a pair of concert tickets.
Ryan Adams 2 tickets for Thursday, 1/31

2 Tickets for Thursday's show (1/31) at Royce Hall

Row J, seats 39 & 41 (they are together)

Royce Hall Seating Chart:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/90201/13448

Asking $107, which is face value plus all the bogus ticketmaster fees.

Email if you are interested. I am going to sell the tickets to the first person that can come pick the tickets up.
This is one of the responses I received:
Hi there,

I'll buy them both for $50 cash. I do not intend to be insulting.
Really, I have been in your shoes. But there are countless other
offers for discounted tickets. And it is better to get something for
them than nothing at all. Yes? You will be lucky to get half the
value. I have tried.

I am a single working mom and would be the most appreciative
recipient. Really.

I live in Culver city and can pick them up in the morning if you have
not recieved better offers.

Thanks.

(Name withheld out of a reasonable expectation of privacy.)
So basically you wanted to say, "You're not gonna do any better and I'm a single parent."

FTR - For The Record

There were 14 posts on Craig's List regarding tickets to tonight's show including four ticket requests, seven ticket offers and two offers to swap tickets.

I received 13 inquires about the tickets. Two were offers below $107.00

Here is the other low ball offer:
Hello,

If you still have these at some point today I can pay $40.00 for both. There are a lot of tix out here and I just want to get inside but am kinda broke. Best of luck either way!

(Again, name withheld out of a reasonable expectation of privacy.)
Well, that wouldn't be fair to the working mother. If it looked like I was going to take that kind of a loss on the tickets I think I'd repost them for free as part of an essay contest.

Conclusion

I received $110 for the tickets from a South Bay resident who had been to last night's show and enjoyed it so much that he had to go back. He was appreciative.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger james said...

where the hell did u get those tixs?

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Freak Politics said...

You're always screwing the working mom out of needed R&R. So instead you sold 'em to some yuppie from Redondo Beach!!!

Let me guess, a Romney supporter?

Hahahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home