Monday, November 05, 2007

leg update

I had my last leg appointment three weeks ago.

Dr. Gold looked at my x-rays and said, "You graduate today, not that we don't like to see you."

I asked if I needed to take any special precautions.

"Can I jump out of a plane and land on the leg?"

"Oh the leg's solid do whatever you want."

He did mention that the MRSA bug that I picked up in the early days of project leg may be lingering in my leg and that it could flare up at some point.

"How will I know?"

"Oh you'll know. The leg will really hurt."

In the meantime, I won't loose any sleep over it. If the dreaded superbug Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus resurfaces, I will deal with it then.

Dr. Gold took some final video of me walking down the corridor, I executed a pirouette and the medical part of, the saga of the leg, drew to a close.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
There's a connection here somewhere, there always is; the Six Million Dollar Man, "No Glue Needed" (well in my case they used a little high grade spackle), the motorcycle

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jamie Sommers, the Bionic Woman and Steve Austin, the Six Million Dollar Man

I have a hearing scheduled in November with the Social Security Administration that will resolve the disability/financial side of the leg one way or another.

Thank you to all the family, friends, medical professionals, administrators, access drivers and strangers that have helped me throughout the long journey back.



"Gentlemen we can rebuild him. We have the technology."

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

Congrats CF!!!

Glad to hear that is in your past. Snowboarding on the agenda for this winter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home