Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Leg Update - Case Closed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Great news; my Social Security case was approved. I was declared disabled from 10/28/05 through 6/07. It was the best possible outcome. I was in the hearing room for about 20 minutes. In an incredibly sad coincidence, the Judge had lost a son six years ago in a motorcycle accident. His son was 30 at the time, which was my age when I went down.

On top of that tragedy, he saw a report on MRSA (the infection I had) on 60 Minutes this past weekend. He kept saying how lucky I was to have survived the accident and MRSA.

I spoke more than my lawyer. After the judge's decision, he went off the record, gave me a lecture about motorcycles and then we talked about Boston and Iceland. He used to visit Boston regularly as a kid and has fond memories of a 6 hour layover in Iceland.

I should receive a written decision from SS shortly, explaining the financial side of things. SS will also contact Medi-Cal, my bills will be paid.

So after a little more than two years the saga of the leg is over!

THANK YOU again, to everyone, for all your love and support throughout this process.

I only received the decision a few hours ago but I can't believe it's finally over.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger Uncle Packles said...

Awesome!!!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Michelle Hotaling said...

Fabulous news! Now if only you could get all those tickets dismissed. When are you coming back east?

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Dantion said...

Congratulations, I can't believe the saga finally ends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home