Friday, November 10, 2006

my civic duty



"This is to advise that your request for an excuse from jury duty has been reviewed. Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your request. Therefore, you are required to prepare for service during the week and at the location listed in the upper right corner of this notice."

I'm starting to think that death is the only disability recognized by government agencies.

You are hereby summoned by the Superior Court of Los Angeles for service as a trial juror:

Stanley Mosk Courthouse

DURING THE WEEK OF: 08-27-2007

OK, I'll pencil that in for next August.


PLEASE BRING YOUR ORIGINAL SUMMONS WITH YOU WHEN REPORTING FOR JURY DUTY

Seriously, you expect me to hold onto the summons for 10 months? No further correspondance will be sent?

If the cage is still on, I'm going to tell the judge that I'm happy to serve but I'll need to sit in the front row preferably on the left side of the jury box so I can prop my leg up.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home