Thursday, August 24, 2006

more toilet news



Malaysia holds exposition on toilets
By Pauline Jasudason, Associated Press Writer | August 24, 2006

"I'm sorry to say it, but we Malaysians are not very hygienic when it comes to public toilets," said one visitor, Doreen Lee, 32, referring to how some users don't flush, or squat on toilet seats, leaving dirty shoe prints.

Additionally, Kuala Lumpur city authorities announced on Wednesday it would be setting up 20 modern self-cleaning public toilets near popular shopping districts in the city, starting this month.

The air-conditioned units have an automatic seat cleaner that will wash, scrub and dry the pan after every use. The entire toilet will be cleaned in a similar manner after every five users.

I've hovered & I've built TP barriers but I've never thought of balancing on the seat. I'm not sure I could get up on the bowl and even if I was able to perch upon it, I'd be too worried about slipping.

"How'd you break your ankle and end up covered in filth?"

"Um, uh, I was perched on a toilet and took a bit of a spill."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was delighted to discover that the toilets at Chicago's O'Hare international Airport feature automatic toilet seat covers.

I almost missed my flight watching the cover round the bowl over & over.

Genius!

I thought hooks on in the stalls were innovative. Their frequent absence is mind boggling. "Great where do I put my backpack; in the hepatitis puddle, on my lap or just keep it on?"


Oddly, unlike the photo, my seat covers flowed clockwise. The hyglot must be available in both left & right hand drive.

As everyone is dying to know:

"What is the history of the hygolet toilet seat?"

"The hygolet seat is a product of Swiss technology. First used in Europe in 1978, a US patent was awarded in 1980. It has been available in the US since 1983, and is used in a number of US international airports as well as a variety of other facilities. The hygolet toilet system has won four international awards. Parts are manufactured in Switzerland and the US, and assembly is completed in the US."

I can't believe the hygolet is 23 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home