Wednesday, May 31, 2006

there are no orthopedists in prison

Overheard at County

female voice:
"I missed my appointment because I went to prison. (laughter) I was in prison for 8 months and 20 days. (more laughter) I got out early."

----------------------

From across the waiting room a girl spotted my leg. Her eyes went wide and she winced. She rubbed her knee as she raised and lowered her leg a few times.

----------------------

Spoke with a guy that had been hit in the head with a pipe. He used his suede lamb's wool lined jacket as a bandage. He thinks 'Barbaro' is going to race again and has fond memories of a dog he used to get stoned.

"He knew me. I used to blow bud on him."



That's Barbaro's leg not mine - he's got 23 pins I only have 19

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Freak Politics said...

Do the pins ever come out? Or are they with you forever, setting off airport security alarms, et al?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Be Brief said...

the ones I have now come out at the end - i'll send ya' one - If I need a bone graft they'll be some permanent pins involved

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

will you autograph a pin for me? maybe take it to a jeweler and get an engraving..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home