Wednesday, March 01, 2006

On vacation !?

Leg update:

Went for a leg appointment today but my doctor was on vacation. The physician's assistant & the resident did their best. I'm pill free now; no narcotics, no antibiotics, no anticoagulant, no stool softner, nothing. Also, no infection, no open wounds and I can straighten my knee. Next step is the ankle/foot. I can lift my foot up a little but can't push down. My big toe is still sleepy. I can feel 'em but he doesn't move. 'suspect he's still a little pissed that he was skewered for three months. PT starts on 3/17; bring on the pain.

Saw an old roomate in the waiting area. He speaks as much english as I do spanish so we manage to communicate. Nice guy, he manages to drive himself with the cage on. Wierd story surrounding his leg. About 20 years ago he severly broke his leg they repaired his leg and he went on his way. Then about a year ago he was walking with his little girl and his leg just started bleeding so he landed in the cage which means they must have had to cut some bone out and now they are growing it.

I went without a wrap on the cage today; lots of stares and questions.

"I know that hurts!!"

"Dammmmmmmmmmm!"

"Grandma that man has bolts going through his leg. Look they go form one side to the other." "Shhhh"

"I want me a harley." Over & over from the paratransit gal


But how much longer, how much longer do you have to "wear" the cage. The last time I saw the doc(Feb)he said 10 to 12 more months.

I go back in a month. Cranking the cage 3 times(3/4 of a mm)per day.

I'm going to time my appointments from here out:

Left the house @ 6:30 AM
Finished Apt. @ 10:15
Had to wait until 12:30 for my prescheduled ride

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

sweeett cfer!
so how long does the cage stay on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home