Saturday, February 25, 2006

Harris Ranch

Harris Ranch

Driving interstate 5 through Central California . . .



Harris Ranch aka Cowschwitz

With its 250,000 heads of cattle the Harris Ranch dwarfs the Morton Feedlots.

Long before you reach the "Ranch" the smell snaps you out of your road coma.

Have inquired about touring the facility, not the retreat/destination resort they have created but the actual lots. We'll see if they grant me access, so I can take a closer look at this cesspool.

------------------------------

Harris Ranch,

As a frequent commuter between Los Angeles and San Francisco, I have long admired your ranch.

I am writing to inquire if I could arrange a tour of the Ranch. I'd like to see the actual lots that are visible from route 5.

I have a longstanding fascination & admiration for agriculture on such a grand scale and would love to observe the day to day operations.

Is there a, "Work @ the Ranch for a day" program?

Best,

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Shanti and Aimee said...

at least they stopped feeding the dead cows to the live cows...Some of the diseases that come from tons of confined beasts are scary- bird flu, mad cow, sars. Do you think they are ADA compliant? Ramps to the feed lots?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home