Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rest Easy

Sometimes I hate myself for checking the news first thing in the morning.

Legendary film star Paul Newman dies at 83

"He was thrilled, friends said, when he heard that he had made President Nixon's enemies list."

After seeing the news I watched Luke sing Plastic Jesus a few times before watching the second half of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. Hud was just a little to irredeemable for the occasion. It's odd how watching videos on youtube has become part of the mourning process. Odder still to watch heroes die as you grow older. The first time I saw Newman was when I was a teenager and my father and I watched all three & a half hours of Exodus on a Saturday afternoon. Thanks Pop.





If you don't well up you should check for a pulse.



If the redemption doesn't make you smile give up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home